Offshore and onshore projects where the recovery of valuable drilling fluid from cuttings, as well as recovery of whole mud lost from shaker failure, rig motion and screen blinding are priorities.
More stringent cuttings-discharge regulations have pressured operators and drilling contractors to reduce drilling waste volumes and recover premium products for reuse.
The vertical cuttings dryer features a state-of-the-art design that can process varying amounts of cuttings and fluids, typically up to 60 tons per hour. Dry solids discharged from the dryer are typically≤5% oil content by wet weight.
The vertical cuttings dryer improves overall cost-efficiency, producing reduced amounts of extremely dry cuttings for disposal and recovering valuable fluid for reuse. It is effective with water-, oil- and synthetic-base drilling fluids.
Features & Benefits of Vertical Centrifuge
Environmental and cost
• Highly effective liquids/solids separation minimizes fluid content of cuttings
• Reduces waste-disposal volumes
• Effective separation reclaims high percentages of fluid that can be reused in the active mud system
• Recovers whole mud lost from shaker failure, rig motion and screen blinding, that is cost- effective.
• Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), with automatic warning indicators, monitors temperature, torque, oil flow and operating hours
• High-capacity, continuous feed units have the throughput to keep up with drilling
• Tungsten-carbide-coated, independently adjustable flights reduce wear and ensure optimal tolerance
• Handrail and walkways is convenient for operators to do routine maintenance work, that can reduce risk to personnel
Ease of Maintenance
• Normal wear parts are easily accessible from the top of the unit; belts are easily changed without removing gear assembly
• Interchangeable tungsten carbide flights protect rotor and gear box from excessive erosion, minimizing main component failure
• Explosion-proof motors and control panels can be certified with CE/ATEX